Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine: My Love Goes to You (Part II)



The 4 great YA boys who were featured in the spotlight yesterday are:

*drumroll*

Patch
Peeta
Four
Edward

*

Here's a more intensive profile for these four hotties! I am getting totally caught up in the mood!

*

Name: Patch Cipriano
Patch, a new senior at Coldwater High, is described as a “dark-Levi’s dark-Henley dark boots kind of guy” who smells of mint and earth. He is Nora's biology partner. He keeps his past under wraps and is accused of more lies than truth from Nora- he is not, in fact, lying, he simply avoids the questions. He can be sly and brooding, and frequently leaves Nora alternately furious or tongue tied. He invades Nora's thoughts and puts images into her head and speaks into her thoughts multipule times. He uses his charms as a way of getting what he wants and avoiding unwanted questions, though he begins to open up as the novel progresses. He spends most of his time playing pool at Bo's Arcade.

He is described to have slightly curly, long, black hair, black eyes and six-foot-two.
Quotes:
"She'll kill me if she finds you in here. Can you climb trees? Tell me you can climb a tree!"
Patch grinned, "I can fly."


*


Name: Peeta Mellark

Peeta is 16 and has bright blue eyes and blonde hair, unlike most families that live in the Seam. Peeta is gentle and kind, but when he is threatened, he fights well. He's bold; he announced he was in love with Katniss to the entire nation. Peeta thinks on his feet very well and is very kind despite his somewhat better upbringing than Katniss. He is also wise beyond his years in his approach to the Games and able to work with Haymitch on goals and strategy even though he does not possess any strong talent with weapons except a knife. Peeta is very self-depracating, and willing to do anything to protect Katniss, the girl he loves. Peeta is also very persuasive, able to sway crowds in his likable way and have them do what he says, even Katniss admitted he was better with words than she. It was his declaration of love for Katniss that began to sway the crowd to rethink the morality of the Hunger Games. Peeta is an excellent liar, but only lies to protect the people he loves. In Catching Fire, Finnick states that Peeta is one of the only truly good people to survive the arena.

Stocky build and medium height with bright blue eyes and ashey blonde hair that falls in waves over his forehead.

Quotes:

“It’s lovely. If only you could frost someone to death,” I say.
“Don’t be so superior. You can never tell what you’ll find in the arena. Say it’s actually a gigantic cake —” begins Peeta.
“What about you? I’ve seen you in the market. You can lift hundred pound bags of flour,” I snap at him. “Tell him that. That’s not nothing.”
“Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”
“I’ll kill and you cook,” I say. “And you can always gather.”
“I wish there was some sort of bread bush out there,” says Peeta.


*


Name: Four (Tobias)

Who knew a cliche could ever be so good! Roth doesn’t call Four dark, she doesn’t tell us Four is dangerous, she shows us. Where a lot of YA books these days sell us these tall, dark, handsome and mysterious lead males, most of them fail to deliver. DIVERGENT doesn’t. Four isn’t perfect and again I love him (and Roth) for it.

He is grounded and trained, and known for his fearlessness.

Dark, dangerous, drop-dead gorgeous.







Quotes:
“Can you be a girl for a few seconds?"
"I'm always a girl" I frown.
"You know what I mean. Like a silly, annoying girl"
I twirl my hair around my finger. "Kay.”


“Yeah, well," I say, "I left Abnegation because I wasn't selfless enough, no matter how hard I tried to be."
"That's not entirely true." He smiles at me. "That girl who let someone throw knives at her to spare a friend, who hit my dad with a belt to protect me-that selfless girl, that's not you?"...
"You've been paying close attention, haven't you?"
"I like to observe people/"
"Maybe you were cut out for Candor, Four, because you're a terrible liar.”
*


Name: Edward Cullen

Edward is described in the book as being charming, polite, determined, and very stubborn. He is very protective over Bella and puts her safety, humanity and welfare before anything else. He often over-analyzes situations and has a tendency to overreact, especially in situations where Bella's safety is at risk. He retains some outdated speech from his human life in the early 20th century. Edward sees himself as a monster, and after falling in love with Bella, he desperately wishes that he were human instead of a vampire.
Like all the vampires in the Twilight series, Edward is described as being impossibly beautiful. At various points in the series, she compares him to the mythical Greek god Adonis.
Quotes:

What if I’m not a superhero? What if I’m the bad guy? 

Can you walk, or do you want me to carry you again?

Do I dazzle you?

Honestly — I’ve seen corpses with better color. I was concerned that I might have to avenge your murder.

*
Psst... Do all of you have a date for Valentine's Day?


2 comments:

  1. Patch and Four!! :D Thanks for stopping by at Book Whales. You have a cute blog, so colorful! New follower here- TheUnseelieNerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lucky lucky, I love both of them :)
      Drop by often!

      Delete

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...